ArcView Market Research has published the fourth edition of its “State of Legal Marijuana Markets,” which it calls “The most comprehensive report on this industry to date.”
The full report, at more than 200 pages, offers forecasts, examines developments and outlines trends in the cannabis industry — with an emphasis on Washington and Colorado markets.
The full report, priced at $497, is available at arcviewmarketresearch.com. Among the comments and other information in an executive summary:
▪ “2015 was another watershed year for the legal cannabis market. National legal sales grew to $5.4 billion, up from $4.6 billion in 2014.”
▪ “Demand is expected to remain strong in 2016, with legal markets projected to grow to $6.7 billion, a 25 percent increase over 2015.”
▪ “In Washington, the first year of legal sales generated $70 million in tax revenues from sales of $257 million.”
▪ Nationwide, total adult sales are expected to rise to $21.8 billion by 2020.
▪ 86 percent of Americans live in a state that allows some degree of legal cannabis use.